Why It’s Cool to Be a Cellar Dweller!
This time of year a cool, dry basement can provide much needed respite from the hot, muggy summer air! Plus, dwelling, at least part of the time, in the cellar can be a way to enjoy ample, usable living space.
RemodelWerks knows what you may be thinking: “My basement isn’t a livable space!” Au contraire potential cellar dwellar! Many of RemodelWerks prior clients didn’t think their basements were either—at least not until we turned them into believers using our cutting-edge 3D design technology that showed them how we could take their cellars from drab to fab given our award-winning team’s experience and know-how!
Here at RemodelWerks we’ve turned many damp and dingy basements into showstopping entertaining spaces and in-law apartments. If you’re considering becoming a cellar dweller, consider the following:
· A basement, when designed and remodeled correctly, adds oodles of usable square footage—how does an extra 600 to 800 square feet of living space sound?!
· A basement remodeling project can yield great results that infuse much-needed functionality into a home you think you and your family have just about outgrown. Some phenomenal basement remodeling ideas include a new home office, a state-of-the art media room, a convenient laundry room, built-in custom storage units—the list goes on!
· The basement is close to plumbing, electrical, and sewer/septic line central! This means you’ll generally spend less money rerouting must-have wires, pipes, and other essentials during a basement remodel involving the installation of, say, a new bathroom.
· Unlike a new addition, a basement remodel doesn’t require the builder to dig for new footings, and the words “structural loads” don’t need to enter your vocabulary.
· All (or at least in most cases) stairs lead to the basement, so there’s generally no need to add a flight of stairs to the main living space!
Keep in mind that a basement remodel generally isn’t a DIY project. That ‘s because it’s prone to moisture, or in some cases large amounts of water, which can cause mildew and mold It’s important to hire a reputable design/build firm to address issues of water before starting a basement remodeling project. Here at RemodelWerks we’re well versed at the types of materials, including flooring options that work best for a finished basement, and we offer an exceptional five year guarantee on all our work!
What are you waiting for? Become a cellar dwellar just like countless other satisfied RemodelWerks clients! Contact RemodelWerks today for your free, no obligation consultation.
We urge you to take a look at our photo gallery and visit us on Houzz for some inspiration on how we can transform your basement into a fabulous finished space for the whole family to enjoy!
Don’t forget, too, to check us out on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook. right now, like us on Facebook and you’ll automatically be entered into a drawing to win a stay in Boston or one night and dinner for two!